Treatment and Corrective Training of Common Runner’s Injuries
Treatment and Corrective Training of Common Running Injuries
Our Running Injury Treatment and corrective training help us assess the impact of your chronic condition or injury and develop strategies to overcome or lessen its impact in your daily life.
Common Running Injuries
1. Runner's knee. This is a common overuse injury. Runner's knee has several different causes. It often happens when your kneecap is out of alignment.
2. Stress fracture. This is a small crack in a bone that causes pain and discomfort. It typically affects runners in the shin and feet. It's often due to working too hard before your body gets used to a new activity.
3. Shin splint. This is pain that happens in the front or inside of the lower leg along the shin bone (tibia). Shin splints are common after changing your workout, such as running longer distances or increasing the number of days you run, too quickly.
4. Achilles tendinitis. This is inflammation of the Achilles tendon. That's the large tendon that attaches the calf to the back of the heel.
5. Muscle pull. This is a small tear in your muscle, also called a muscle strain. It's often caused by overstretching a muscle. If you pull a muscle, you may feel a popping sensation when the muscle tears.
Treating a running injury later in life can be a challenging journey, but Recovery Training is here to get you back on the road and doing what you love. Contact us to learn more about our corrective training and treatment of common running injuries today.